Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Therapy and Crafting...

How on earth do those two things go together? Well they don't but let's just say I've had some extra time on my hands.

I can't believe I'm going to write this but Bennett hasn't been in any real therapy since mid August. But I must say we all needed the break and I don't think he's regressed in any areas. And we've really enjoyed our time together! Lots of just Bennett and mommy time with the girls in school.

He's actually learned a ton more signs, is so darn close to taking that first step it's not even funny and we've been working on matching pictures to pictures and identifying pictures with either words, signs or pointing. Yes, right now I'm his PT, OT and speech therapist;) But I guess I'll always wear those hats.



He's also been my running pal lately and you can clearly see it wears him out;)


But when it's time to take the therapist hat off and all the kids are in bed, what is a crafter to do when she's not in her crafting element? Not craft?

I think it's impossible for me not to do something. Needless to say I've gone a little crafting crazy....



Now you know I had to have something to put out right away at the front door when we move in....2 more days btw!!! (Inspired by Pinterest-love!)




My sister wanted a wreath so I made one for her door.


My sister-in-law mentioned a dress on Etsy that looked like a candy corn and it was one of those-

*Oh I can make that!* moments,

so I did (thanks to my friend Susan's sewing machine) and then had to add ruffled pants to go with:)



And then I made one for my sister-in-law, well not for her but for her little girl;0 The dress really doesn't look dirty it's just the instagram pic effect!


I've been wanting to make a pendant banner and love burlap for fall! And I could stencil just about everything so I made a little banner to hang over the new fire place...in just 2 days!;) (another Pinterest inspiration).




It looks kinda messy but I like it that way. At least that's what I'm telling my perfectionist self right now.


I know, what's wrong with me? I don't know, I just love doing this stuff! Now, will my house be unpacked and decorated by next week? Well...I wish but no, it won't. Will I try my hardest to have it unpacked and decorated? Well...yes-ha!


So while I'm not hot gluing everything in sight or sewing away like a mad women, we have enjoyed visiting with family on the weekends-sooo nice to get away from the hotel!


This past weekend I went back to my mom's to get all of our suitcases while Mike went back up to PA to watch the movers pack up our house, among other things.


We took the girls to an adorable little tea room called Pinkadillies and enjoyed tea and scones...



Harps and I drinking our tea and yes, wearing the hat makes it much more fun!


Poor Bennett had to endure the pretty lace table cloths and the frilly hats...of course the girls had to try a few on him. No Mike, I did not make him wear one, nor did I take a picture;)

So 2 more days, in case you didn't catch that! Can you believe it? 7 weeks folks, I've spent 7 weeks in a hotel with my family. Ahhhh! I am a firm believer in what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

Can't wait to share before and after pics of the house once I get my hands on it!


Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. 2 days - woohoo! Time flies when you're the one not in the hotel ;) Love love love pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow 7 weeks! Yikes. That picture of you and Harper is So So cute! Bennett sounds like he's doing great! He's always so handsome! Do you follow PediaStaff on pinterest? I get tones of therapy ideas from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that things are moving along and ALWAYS enjoy pictures and hearing about of Bennett and the girls....Our Unexpected Journey has been a favorite of mine for over 2 yrs. now...THANK YOU! :)

    Pam/Jacob
    MI

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!