Monday, September 12, 2011

Going With the Flow...

Well, we've been in a hotel going on 5 weeks now (minus the weekends...thank goodness!!) How we've survived I have no idea but I'm not going to lie, we're all a little grumpy at this point. I think over the last several years though, Mike and I have learned to go with the flow with life in general and the kids have adopted that attitude as well. It's not ideal but it's working and we're almost done.

Last week was a big week for Harper as she started her last year of preschool and her first ballet/tap class! She LOVES both and I'm so happy that she and Ainsley have adjusted to their new schools and teachers.



First day of school!

Giving brother a kiss goodbye.




Her favorite color is purple so I knew she'd be thrilled when she saw her new ballet outfit!




Little cutie;)




I just thought he was too sweet not to get a pic. Poor kid is sleeping in a hotel bathroom but he's got his "doggie" and blanket so all is good!


Bennett should be getting his new services soon. I'm getting a little anxious to start back up with his therapies so hopefully in the next week or two that will happen!


Ainsley started ballet and jazz last week and loves it as well! It was a crazy week and she's such a busy body so I don't get many chances to take pictures of her. Wednesday she will start in an all new class with a new teacher due to too many kids in her current class (we knew this would happen when we registered her...again, going with the flow). She's okay with this and I'm sure she'll adjust fine, all over again.


Deep breath in, long exhale out.


Just go with the flow Adrienne, go with the flow.



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I am impressed, it must be very difficult living in a hotel AND adjusting to all the new things in your family's life. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kids are as darling as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one brave mama! I love a good vacation that usually involves a 4-5 star hotel for 7-10 days but 5+ weeks, I'd be out of my mind! Your babies look like they are adjust well and are as cute as can be! Hang in there, your new house is going to be ready for you before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you. Kids look great , love that pic of Bennett. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learning to adapt and go with the flow are important lessons -- it will serve your children well in the future. I imagine as the end gets nearer that the more crazy you must be feeling.
    Oh - and I can relate to Ainsley's first grade shuffle -- when I was in the first grade I was in 4 (yes 4) different classes. We moved right after Thanksgiving, I started in my new school in December, after break had to be bussed to the other school in town due to overcrowding, and then finally in April there was an opening back at the school I was supposed to be in -- but in the other first grade class -- so 4 classes, 4 teacher and 4 whole new sets of names/faces to learn. I survived, though - and, of course, so will Ainsley. I mean - who wouldn't want to be her friend?! =)

    Good luck the next couple of weeks! We will say a prayer for you=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easier said than done, right!? In the wise words of Kanye: "N-n-n-now that that don't kill me, can only make me stronger." =)
    Glad the end is in sight for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that ballet outfit! Fan of purple yes I am.
    I also love that he sleeps in the bathroom... good to know I am not the only one who does that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living in a hotel with three kiddos cannot be easy! At least the end is in sight and your sweeties look happy regardless of the situation ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!