Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Snowy First!

Okay, now of course it has snowed PLENTY of times here since Bennett has been born but I've just never taken him out in it-can you believe that!? I just figured he'd be cold, he doesn't have the real gear you need and he's usually napping when we go out.

But I felt it was time. Time for this little boy to experience his first snow. To experience tiny snow flakes on his lashes, to try and taste it, to see what all the fuss was about!

So he tried to touch it.
He tried to manipulate it.
(kinda hard with big mittens!)


He went on the sled with his big sister for the first time.

And then he went all by himself!

He watched his sisters throw snow balls with his daddy.

And then tried to throw some himself.

I think he really liked it...until it got too cold and that was enough for him.

*****

I think it's been snowing here since Wednesday....seriously.

Mike was in sunny Florida this past week for work and came home to a ton of snow, so to that I say....


We saved Bennett's first snow day just for you;)



13 comments:

  1. oh my, adore this! I bet sunny Florida was looking pretty good huh? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like adorable snowy fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love his eyelashes! Ohh and I live in south florida, I will enjoy this 75 degree weather for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and fun. I haven't taken Max out in the snow yet either - but Piper has brought snow inside for him to touch and eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love that little face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog, and really Love seeing your little one's pictures. I hate to do this, and if it wasn't for my daughter, I wouldn't but I have entered Riley in a contest to be featured in a FANCY NANCY book, and would love for her to represent kids with a fancy extra chromosome, voting ends soon, so please help!ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT, PLEASE VOTE!!!
    http://photocontest.fancynancyworld.com/photos/view/698/?sms_ss=blogger&at_xt=4d40ce2bba2b93da%2C0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks like a lot of fun. I haven't really had Wysdom in the snow either. Looked like it was a big hit. Love his outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun was that? I'm glad you waited...and shared his first snowy adventure with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I love that second pic of him! Hope he liked the snow, because you are about to get a crap load more! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome photos! LOVE your precious boy and his LONG lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! Bennett is so adorable and you've captured such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like he and ya'll had a fabulous time exploring and playing in your winter wonderland. Gorgeous vibrant reds really stand out. Love the way you captured each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bennett looks so happy. He is so lucky to have loving parents like you! The first experience with snow is always something you will never forget.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!