Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our Christmas- 2010...

Well, this is long overdue but I wanted to share our Christmas!

We weren't sure if we'd see my parents this Christmas, my dad had just finished up his first treatment in the hospital and didn't know how he'd feel. But thankfully he felt pretty good and they were able to spend a couple of days with us and what a wonderful couple of days it was!!

Of course I have a million pics of the kids ripping into their presents but I'll spare you those and show the ones that meant the most to me....


Opening their one, small gift on Christmas Eve after church.


I love this picture of the kids with Grammy and Granddaddy!
Just wish Harper would have cooperated, she was way too busy playing with her new toys that morning to stop and take a picture! LOL


My dad and I Christmas morning:)


Dad made french toast...yum!


Bennett playing with Granddaddy.

So while their visit was short, we were so glad they came up and spent Christmas with us!! Thanks mom and dad, we love you!

So my parents planned to leave Christmas morning to head back home and they did that but we planned to leave the next day to head to North Carolina to see Mike's family. Until a major snow storm threatened the entire South and Northeast! At the last minute with presents everywhere, house a mess, nothing packed, we decided to head for Charlotte, NC...Christmas day.

Forget drinking coffee and watching the kids play with their new toys, we were rushing to beat the storm.

So we were off and made it pretty far but instead of beating the storm we were driving right into it. I think it was a combination of two people that didn't have a ton of experience driving in the snow, not ever having to deal with snow on the roads in PA (we have things called plows in PA;)) and having 3 kids-we just needed to stop. We stayed in a hotel that night and I wish I had taken some pics! 3 kids, 2 adults and 2 dogs in a small room-fun times!

Mike and I slept with Bennett and let's just say we'll never do that again if we can help it! The girls slept peacefully with the dogs while Mike and I got kicked and pushed all night long by our sweet, little son. And then he decided that 5:30 am was a great time to wake up the next day, I think I had just fallen asleep! Again, fun times!


So the roads were much better the next day but it was still below 30 degrees, icy, snowing and we were coming down this mountain when I took a picture of this. Have you seen these signs before!?? So if a huge truck has issues with brakes coming down this mountain, they can basically crash into these ramps...to help them stop! We kept our distance from any trucks!


Bennett was as good as gold during our 10 hour, 2 day trip and in this picture he's attempting to "take a bite" of his cracker-still working on the feeding, needless to say.

So we finally got to Charlotte and when we pulled into the neighborhood we entered a winter wonderland...

4-5 inches is a lot for this area!;)


Grandma's happy to see the girls!

We opened lots of presents and then it was time to play in our first real snow for the season!

I don't think Mike's family has ever had a white Christmas and I've maybe seen it snow once or twice around Christmas so it was fun and pretty while it lasted.


The girls had fun throwing snow balls at Uncle Brian!


And sledding with Aunt Kelly!

Mike helping the girls make their mini snow men, they both had arms until Chloe (Kelly's dog) thought they were for her to take and chew:).

Later in the week we met two little girls, Bennett's age and their mommies-so much fun! I'll post those pics soon!

All in all it was a wonderful Christmas! We feel very blessed to have such great families!!!



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a GREAT Christmas..glad you all are home safe!! wishing you a very Healthy and Happy New Year..smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everyone was safe & you got to spend time with your dad. (I hate driving in snow, too. Guess I should have picked a warmer place than Utah to live!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a FABULOUS Christmas!! It was so nice that your dad was feeling well enough for the visit. The pics of the kids are BEAUTIFUL as always!! Happy New Year to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Adrienne! So glad you got to spend Christmas with your mom and dad and Mike's mom and dad, how fun! It's always more fun when Christmas is white, even if you have to drive through it.

    Love Bennett's jammies, Luc has the same ones and I had to do a double-take ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!