Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun! Blog award!

Cheri at Raising Reid has awarded me the Premios Dardos blog award. This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day. Thanks Cheri!!
And in the spirit of passing along the love, here's how it works:
Step 1: respond and rework -- answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag - eight (I only did 4, sorry!) other bloggers to do the same.

1) What are you wearing right now? Jeans, a black shirt and an off white sweater jacket.
2) What is your biggest fear? Losing a close family member, ie: husband, daughter, son, sister, parents
3) Do you nap a lot? I wish!
4) Who is the last person you hugged? My husband, Mike.
5) What websites to you visit when you go online?My favorite blogs, Facebook, babycenter.
6) What was the last item you bought? A "couple" of items from Target:)
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Honestly, I would just love to go on a tropical vacation with my husband and maybe a few other couples- no kids! We haven't done that since before be had kids.
8) If you could go to the Oscars, who would you want to sit next to? Oh, I don't know, I'm not really into drooling over Hollywood stars or treating them like they are that special but if I had to choose maybe Reese Witherspoon??
9) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle?
Yes, Victoria Beckham aka: Posh Spice! Very into her cut last summer (like everyone else and their mother!) but now I think I'm over it and I'm going to grow it out some. Still like it tapered in the back though.
10) What is your most frightening moment? I think at the time- finding out Bennett had Down syndrome. I know that may sound bad but at the time and until you've experienced that, you think it's the end of the world. I just didn't know anything about DS and I'm still learning. But that was one of my worst fears when I first found out I was pregnant- what if something is wrong with this baby? Now I know better.
11) What was the last movie you watched? Fool's Gold with Kate Hudson- on demand though. We haven't been to a theater in so long.
12) What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you? Gosh, I think I may have to replace this because I'm just not the kind of person that wins things or gets really cool deals. Strange things seem to happen to me... So my #12 question will be: What do you regret? Right now for me it's having a c-section with Harper after having one with Ainsley. Now I have to have one with Bennett and if we ever have a fourth (most likely not going to happen!)- I just feel like that's risky and having 4 c-sections is not safe- I don't know. Also, it would be nice to say I've experienced child birth- not that I think I'm any less of a women because I haven't- recovery from a c-section is no cake walk-but I can't participate in the conversation when child birth comes up.
13) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments or interruptions what would you do? Probably go shopping by myself if I had a bunch of money to spend!
14) Is there a major goal you have that you haven't yet achieved? Being patient-don't think that will ever happen! I've been working on it all my life.
15) Drinks are on the house!! What do you order? Well, it used to be a Margarita! But now I'll go for a glass of wine- well, not right now, but once Bennett is born I will!
16) What is something that those in blog land might not know about you? Hmm, don't think I've mentioned I'm a runner. Still running at 27 weeks pregnant and hope to continue as long as I can.
17) My added question: What is something simple that relaxes you and you enjoying doing? For me, I love reading my "People" magazine in front of the TV while eating chocolate chip cookies and caffeine free Diet Coke-uninterrupted! I said simple- that's pretty simple to me and it makes me happy!
Now for the love, in no particular order ...

Jeanette at Down Right Faith
Michelle at Our Road's Traveled




4 comments:

  1. Adrienne, thank you for the honorable mention :) I am grateful for the recognition. I am really enjoying following your story and getting to know you and your beautiful family through your blog. I will try to get to passing along this award in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "reading my "People" magazine in front of the TV while eating chocolate chip cookies and caffeine free Diet Coke-uninterrupted!" ...ooooh that sounds really good! :)

    As for your most frightening moment...finding out Bennett has Down syndrome. Ditto for me with your words "at the time and until you've experienced that, you think it's the end of the world." I too thought it was the end of the world, I was devastated. Oh if only I knew...just how precious this little Reid was going to be and how normal life would continue... it would of saved me lots and lots of heartache and worry. I am so looking forward to your little Bennett joining this world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne - Thank you so much for recognizing our blog. We've been out of town and I'm just catching up on my "blogging," but I'm looking forward t responding and passing on the award to other friends. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne - you are so sweet! Thanks for the award. I'll post on my blog tonight and will pass along to others. I'm glad I found your blog and look forward to continuing to follow Bennett's journey. It's hard to believe that I started this journey almost three years ago. It's amazing and the people you will meet along the way are fabulous - many of which are already your followers:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!